Winter Solstice, Christmas & New Year, this season is a potent time to reflect, say no to what is no longer serving us and yes to the light. It's a time to celebrate and acknowledge the light, and know that it will all be ok.
As we all know this time of year can be a mixed bag of emotions. Darkness, naturally feeling less energy as a result, awareness of who is no longer with us and where we are at in our lives. Within the darkness though there is light, there will always be things that we can be grateful for, that make us smile. Those little moments that lift us even when we feel in despair.
I truly believe we are born here with a purpose and all that we go through is all part of this. Even when we resist it on some level it is serving us for our higher good. We might not realise it at the time but further down the line we see.
Beautiful lotus flowers grow out of mud. Butterflies emerge out of cocoons. And there is no doubt if you are feeling stuck and low, you will get through this. Lessons will be learned and what ever this is will lead you closer to being the person you are really destined to be.
Your true Self.
Your true Self is already at peace, you are made of Love and just by being yourself you have so much to give. Just be being you your purpose here will be fulfilled.
Perhaps 2018 will be the year to;
- stop comparing yourself to others
- to stop putting your life on hold for what ever reason you have decided on that day
- to be a little more present every day
- to be a little kinder every day
- to have a bit more fun every day
- to allow yourself to feel every feeling that arises and know it is ok
- to only do things that light you up
- to cut out the things that drain your energy
- to create a bit more space and know there is always enough time for the things you really want to do
- to fully know and embrace that you are enough
- to break a habit that doesn't serve you
- to create a new one that does
- to be completely honest with yourself and people around you
- to live from your heart rather than your head
- to embrace fear and go for what you really want anyway
This week is a perfect time to take some time to reflect on what has been draining you this year and what has really filled you up, really lit your fire. Within that simple exercise an intention for the new year ahead may emerge.....
To let go of what no longer serves (darkness).....
To create more of what gives you energy (light)........
Solstice is a wonderful time just as we move through the darkest day and celebrate the light returning to mark this with a little ceremony. Perhaps writing down what you are releasing from this year and burning it. Then making a note of your new intentions moving forward, sharing them with someone close and celebrating.
Knowing that God/ Love/ Universal energy (what ever you believe) is supporting you through all of this, it has your back, you can lean into it knowing you are being held by Love.
Sometimes we can be the light for others when they are low too, to remind them of the love that is in the world and we don't have to be alone. If you know of anyone at this time that is really struggling, remember to reach out to them. It can be easy in this busy time to forget but loneliness is a killer, a simple message, call or visit to remind someone they are loved will be so welcomed.
Have a wonderful Solstice/ Christmas time and I look forward to journeying through 2018 with you.